Reichersberg, Upper Austria, market town in the district of Ried im Innkreis, alt. 347 m, pop. 1,379, area 21.05 km2, situated on the River Inn close to Obernberg am Inn. - Customs house, electric power station; manufacture of plastic building components, tree nurseries, tourism. - Monastery of the Augustinian Canons Regular founded in 1084, became particularly important under Gerhoh von Reichersberg; collegiate church destroyed by fire in 1624, rebuilt by C. Weiß 1629-1644, tower built 1774-1777, ceiling frescoes by C. Wink (1778/79), rich Baroque and Rococo interior, high altar (1713) with early-Baroque statue of the Virgin Mary and painting (1834) by C. Rahl, altarpieces by J. Bergler d. J. and J. G. Unrueh (1766-1775), tombs (13th -18th century); monastery building built in the 17th century, Princes´ tract 1663/64 by T. Prünner, cycle of frescoes 1771 by J. N. Schöpf; library and monastery museum in the convent; sepulchral chapel with sepulchral reliefs by T. Schwanthaler; marble fountain (1694-1697) with statue of St. Michael by Schwanthaler in the courtyard; columned, two-storey arcade.
Literature: F. Engl et al., 900 Jahre Augustiner-Chorherrenstift Reichersberg, 1983.