Sillian, Tyrol, market town in the district of Lienz, alt. 1,109 m, pop. 1,997, area 36.25 km2, summer holiday resort and winter sports area (154,533 overnight stays) in the Pustertal Valley, near the Austro-Italian border. - District forestry inspectorate, customs office, museum of horse carriages (private), flying school. - Gothic parish church (documented mention in 1212, dedication in 1441, renovated between 1759 and 1761), with paintings by J. A. Mölk and Baroque altars, chapel of St. Anna (renovated in 1729); house with Jugendstil façade (1910) in the town centre; only pillory extant in East Tyrol; Einhof farmsteads (partly dating from the 18th and 19th centuries); the filial church in Arnbach, which was completed in 1668, is a good example of Tyrolean post-Gothic style.
References to other albums: