Maria Langegg: Frescoes painted on the dome of the parish church by J. A. v. Mölk in 1733.
Maria Langegg, Lower Austria, village in the district of Krems an der Donau, alt. 511 m, small place of pilgrimage situated in the western part of the Dunkelstein Woods, cadastral district of the municipality of Bergern im Dunkelsteinerwald. St. Severinus Centre of Adult Education. First documented mention of in 1429. Parish Church of the Nativity of the Virgin; in 1604 a chapel was built on today´s church site; came into the possession of Servite monks in 1645; between 1765 and 1773 both the Baroque parish church as well as Baroque monastery buildings were erected according to designs by M. Ehmann; frescoes and painting (1773) by J. A. von Mölk. Paintings in the monastery depict the historical development of both the order and the place of pilgrimage. Chapel set up in 1963 to commemorate two priests who died either in battle or during imprisonment.