TIWAG, Tiroler Wasserkraftwerke AG, founded in 1924, when the Achensee power station in Jenbach was built; since 1947 Landesgesellschaft (provincial society) to 100 % (Nationalisation). TIWAG owns the hydro-electric power stations Sellrain-Silz (781 MW), Kaunertal (392 MW), Imst (89 MW), Achensee (79 MW), Amlach (60 MW), Langkampfen (32 MW), Kirchbichl (23 MW), Kalserbach (12 MW), Heinfels am Villgratenbach (8 MW), Brennerwerk an der Sill near Matrei (8 MW) and 32 smaller power stations. TIWAG has a total capacity of 1512.3 MW (in 1999) and provides about 50 % of the power generation in the Tirol. It co-operates with German power suppliers (power exchange) and with 23 communal suppliers and utilises the excess power of 85 private power stations. Since 1986 it has not only become one of Tirol´s main gas suppliers but also the majority-owner of TIGAS (Tiroler Ferngas GmbH). TIWAG now intends to expand its activities to telecommunications ( fibre optic network, cooperation with UTA) and water supply. The operation of shipping on Achensee Lake since its founding in 1924 was turned into the subsidiary company "Achenseeschiffahrt-Ges. m.b.H." (ASG) in 1995. Since 1998 the ASG has also been operating ships on the Inn River near Kufstein.