Stoob, Burgenland, market town in the district of Oberpullendorf, alt. 265 m, pop. 1,335, area 17.39 km2, located on the Stoober Bach stream, northwest of Oberpullendorf. - Provincial school of ceramics and stove construction; metal-working industry (windows, doors), ceramics manufacturers, manufacture of textiles (embroidery) and furniture. - First documented mention 1229, traditional location of the pottery craft (since the 18th century), particularly known for the red "Wasserplutzer", a bulgy ceramic jug with a small handle; former pottery factory (founded by Prince Esterházy); museum of pottery; Romanesque church (former parish church, 13th century) with remains of frescoes (1220-1230); Protestant parish church (1961) with bell tower (1786), crucifix of cast brass (1889); Protestant diocesan museum; Catholic parish church (1969).
Literature: L. Finta (ed.), 750 Jahre Stoob, 1229-1979, 1979.
References to other albums: