Museum of Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna (Museum moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien), opened 1962 as the "Museum of the 20th Century" in the Schweizergarten park in Vienna´s 3rd district. It is housed in the Austrian Pavilion designed by K. Schwanzer for the World Exhibition in Brussels in 1958, which was adapted to accommodate the museum. When in 1979 the foundation succeeded in transferring large parts of the art collection belonging to the German entrepreneur P. Ludwig to Vienna (mainly Pop Art, photorealism), the baroque Palais Liechtenstein (Vienna, 9th district) was rented to serve as a second location for the museum. While the Palais Liechtenstein presents a cross-section of international art of the 20th century, the original building mainly displays concept art and special exhibitions. A new museum of the Modern Art Ludwig Foundation Vienna is located in the Museum Quarter (former court stables).