Ludesch, Vorarlberg, municipality in the district of Bludenz, alt. 555 m, pop. 2,463 (1981: 2,146), area 11.25 km2, where the Großes Walsertal valley opens into the Walgau valley, at the foot of the Hohen Fraßen mountain (alt. 1,979 m). - Part of the storage power station Oberstufe Lutz (built in 1967, 19.3 MW); in 1991 about 72 % of all employed people were in trade and industry, particularly building trade, production of cement, timber mill, blouse factory. - Baroque parish church, built between 1637-1639, decorated in 1777, black marble altars, altar panels (1640) by T. Pock, nave extended in 1886, chancel frescoes (1876-1878); old late Gothic parish church of St. Martin (documented mention around 842, enlarged around 1480) with murals (around 1600), high altar (with Gothicized winged shrine, 1629), Gothic side altar (1488); farmhouses: Ein- and Paarhöfe (some from 17th -18th centuries); one of the last farmhouses from the 17th century has been turned into a multi-purpose social centre.