Ferdinandeum, Tirolean provincial museum, Innsbruck, opened in 1823. The Ferdinandeum is the property of the association "Ferdinandeum, Provincial Museum of Tirol". Main exhibits focus on science and the history of technological progress; the museum also houses libraries (one each for Tirol and its neighbouring provinces). The art collection, which has been the centre of the museum since 1850, has international status owing to important paintings by M. Pacher, L. Cranach, Rembrandt, and others, sculptures and handicraft objects. Several branches, museum in the armoury, Maximilianeum (Goldenes Dachl) etc.
Publications: Publications of the Provincial Museum of Tirol Ferdinandeum (since 1922, under various titles before 1922).
Literature: G. Ammann, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, 1985.