This is an old - not maintained - article of the AEIOU.
In the Austria-Forum you find an updated version of this article in the new AEIOU.
Bad Deutsch-Altenburg, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Bruck an der Leitha, alt.148 m, pop. 1,275, area 12.58 km2, health resort lying along the right (south) bank of the Danube, at the foot of Hundsheimer Berg hill (480 m). Waterway administration centre for eastern Austria, therapy centre (treatment of rheumatism) with thermal indoor pool (hot springs with highest iodine-sulphur content in Central Europe with up to 28° C, already used by the Romans), spa park, museum Carnuntinum (1904) with Roman findings from the excavation site of Carnuntum (between towns Bad Deutsch-Altenburg and Petronell), amphitheatre, Danube bridge, popular destination for day trips, health tourism (106,427 overnight stays), gravel production. Important Romanesque colonnade basilica (13th century) with Gothic chancel (14th century) and Gothic west tower; late Romanesque ossuary with circular ground plan (13th century), Ludwigstorff moated castle (17th century), Biedermeier mansions.
Literature: G. Sesztak, Studien zur Ortsgeschichte von Bad Deutsch-Altenburg, doctoral thesis, Vienna 1974; F. Müllner, Aus der Geschichte des Kurortes Bad Deutsch-Altenburg, 1979.
References to other albums: