1,200 Years Brixen in Thale, Tyrol
Brixen Valley runs along the right side of the Inn Valley. As prehistoric findings prove, it was already settled in prehistoric times. At its highest point, approx. 800 meters above sea level, lies the sprawling town of Brixen in Thale. Officially this town was first mentioned in 788 in a register of goods of the Bishop Arno of Salzburg: "ad Prixina ecclesia cum territorio", which means "to Brixen a church with a land holding". Throughout many centuries, the town of Brixen was the cultural and intellectual core of the Valley. The parish church with its twin towers along with the mighty Dean's Court shows visitors even today its former significance as a religious center. The church was built in the classicist style in the years 1789-1796 by architect Andre Huber from Kitzbühel. It has been proven to be the sixth church construction on the same site. Each year for centuries the celebrated Brixen Valley anniversary horse ride has begun on the Feast of Corpus Christi at the church in Brixen.
References to other albums: