Traunkirchen, Upper Austria, municipality in the district of Gmunden, alt. 433 m, pop. 1,742, area 18.37 km2, summer tourist resort (77,558 overnight stays) situated on the western shore of Lake Traunsee. - Buchberg provincial hospital; trade, building trade. - 1020-1573 former Benedictine monastery, later owned by the Jesuit order (1622-1773); former monastery (1632) built around two courtyards (one with arcades); fine Baroque parish church (formerly Jesuit monastery church), built between 1631 and 1652, some Gothic parts, fortified tower (1718), rich Baroque interior: pulpit (1753) in the form of a boat; adjacent to it, St. Michael´s chapel with knorpelwerk high altar (1622) and tombstone monuments; St John´s chapel (documented mention in 1356, re-built in 1614); Calvary with Baroque crucifixion group (1696).