Stadtschlaining: Schlaining Castle.
Stadtschlaining, Burgenland, town in the district of Oberwart, alt. 409 m, pop. 2,284, area 42.06 km2, on the Tauchenbach River. - European University Centre for Peace Studies (EPU); wood processing industry, pottery manufacturers, antimony mining stopped in 1990, some tourism. - Late-medieval colonial town, officially declared town in 1991. Town walls up to 4 m high with remains of towers; impressive castle (exhibitions) with castle keep (12th /13th centuries) and walls up to 9 m thick, main residential tract with chapel (15th -17th centuries), outer fortifications (17th century); Gothic parish church with elaborate Baroque interior and altar pieces by J. C. Hackhofer; Protestant parish church (1783-1787), former synagogue (19th century) now Friedensbibliothek (peace library).
Literature: Stadtgemeinde Schlaining (ed.), Stadtschlaining Festschrift zur Stadterhebung der Stadtgemeinde Schlaining, 1992.
References to other albums: