This is an old - not maintained - article of the AEIOU.
In the Austria-Forum you find an updated version of this article in the new AEIOU.
Provisional National Assembly, parliament established during the early phase of the First Republic. On October 21, 1918 the German-speaking deputies (from the German Crown Lands, the Sudetenland, Silesia, South Moravia and German-speaking enclaves) elected to the house of representatives, which had been formed in 1911, met and called themselves the "Provisional National Assembly of the Independent German-Austrian State". The assembly elected three presidents (F. Dinghofer of the German Nationalist Party, J. Fink of the Christian-Socialist Party, who was followed by J. N. Hauser, and K. Seitz of the Social-Democratic Party) after October 30. A State Council was created to serve as executive body; the assembly declared the First Republic on November 12, 1918. The Provisional National Assembly ceased to exist as of February 16, 1919 and was replaced by the Constituent National Assembly.
Literature: R. Neck, Österreich im Jahre 1918. Berichte und Dokumente, 1968; A. Ableitinger (ed.), Demokratisierung und Landesverfassung in Österreich 1918-1920, 1983.