This is an old - not maintained - article of the AEIOU.
In the Austria-Forum you find an updated version of this article in the new AEIOU.
Pörtschach am Wörther See
Pörtschach am Wörther See, Carinthia, municipality in the district of Klagenfurt, alt 461 m, pop. 2,619, area 12,62 km2, tourist resort (520.375 overnight stays in 1992) on the northern shore of Lake Wörth; Ship station. - Kurhaus Seeburg (conference centre), music pavilion, open air swimming baths, many events and festivals: Brahms week, palace concerts, operetta galas, Artus sport festival, tennis and golf tournaments, country fair; hotel and catering enterprises, trade, hydraulic press production. - Parish church (built between 1787 and 1794, enlarged between 1904 and 1906), altars (1909); Protestant church (1956-1959); Leonstein Renaissance Palace (core 16th century, renewed in the 19th /20th century) today a hotel, in the court a Brahms monument; ruins of Leonstein Castle (first documented mention in 1166).
Literature: R. Gratzer, "Großes Dorf an der Straßen". Eine Geschichte. Pörtschach am Wörther See, 1989; H. Kotzmann, Pörtschach am Wörther See. Räumliche und funktionale Entwicklung eines Fremdenverkehrsortes und ihre Probleme, master's thesis, Vienna 1989.
References to other albums: