Leopoldsdorf im Marchfelde
Leopoldsdorf im Marchfelde, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Gänserndorf, alt. 151 m, pop. 2,244, area 28.95 km2, south of the River Rußbach. - Tree and rosebush nursery, airfield and hangar (pest control flights); sugar factory (since 1902/03), glazier´s workshop. - First documented mention around 1200; late Baroque parish church of St. Markus (rebuilt 1771-1774) with Baroque wood sculptures; former steward´s house (18th century) of castle, which was completely destroyed in 1945.