Leopoldau, part of the 21st district of Vienna, until 1904 separate village, first documented mention in 1125 (originally Apiltowe, Eipeldau; in the 17th century Eupoldau, modern spelling since 1734); 1489 separate parish; known for the breeding of geese and the Eipeldauer-Briefe. The historic centre with old farmhouses and gable-fronted houses is classified as a historical monument. In the 1960´s residential buildings (e.g. Großfeldsiedlung) were expanded. Urban gasworks L. in the near vicinity.