Kirchschlag in der Buckligen Welt, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Wiener Neustadt, alt. 414 m, pop. 3,014, area 57.96 km2, situated in the Zöbernbach valley near the Burgenland border. - Youth welfare office of the District Commission (branch office), chamber of agriculture, building industry, manufacture of corsetry, slaughterhouse, tourist centre (19,902 overnight stays). - Late Gothic fortified church (1480-1490) with stellar rib vault and fine tracery windows, early Classicist high altar (1780); largely altered charnel-house with stone relief, ruins of castle, destroyed in 1683, irregular structure, fortified walls with crenellations and a Renaissance gate, Stations of the Cross (built in the first half of the 18th century).