Mogersdorf, Burgenland, market town in the district of Jennersdorf, alt. 228 m, pop. 1264, area 12.77 km2, in the Raabtal valley at the Hungarian border. - Local border police outpost. On August 1, 1664 an allied army under Count R. Montecuccoli gained victory over the Turks at Mogersdorf and St. Gotthard, giving Austria a respite until the 2nd Turkish siege of Vienna in 1683. - Parish church (1775) with altars (around 1900) and wall painting on the triumphal arch "Schlacht bei Mogersdorf" ("Battle at Mogersdorf") (1912); memorial chapel (1964) and memorial room (1993/94) Schlößlberg hill; "Weißes Kreuz" ("White Cross", stone cross from 1840) with commemorative inscriptions for the dead soldiers at the so-called Turkish cemetery.
Literature: K. Brunner, G. Granitz et al., 800 Jahre Mogersdorf, unter Berücksichtigung der Ortsteile Deutsch Minihof und Wallendorf, 1987.