Mannersdorf am Leithagebirge, Lower Austria, town in the district of Bruck an der Leitha, alt. 212 m, pop. 3,796, area 29.80 km2, centre of trade and industry situated on the north-western foothills of the Leithagebirge Mountains. - Two slighty sulphurous springs (22°). Trade and industry constitute the town´s main economic sectors (offering jobs to roughly 59 % of the work-force in 1991): limestone quarries, cement plant, numerous medium-sized companies (in the fields of masonry, plumbing, plastics production etc.), trading companies. Town charter in 1989. - Ancient graveyard dating from the early La Tène Culture; archeological finds of the region are exhibited in the museum of local history. - Early Baroque parish church (1638) with an imposing façade, a central tower, statues fitted to the niches and an 18th century interior; palace (around 1600, possibly re-built in parts by J. E. Fischer von Erlach in the 18th century), outstanding façade with pilaster ornamentation; splendid staircase, as well as a hall with ceiling frescoes; town hall built between the 17th and 18th centuries; 17th century plague column; chapel consecrated to St. Donatus; ruins of cells and a monastery church which once belonged to a Carmelite hermitage called "In der Wüste" ("In the desert", 1644-1783), ruins are surrounded by a park; ruins of Scharfeneck Castle with imposing towers and a circular donjon.