Lengenfeld, Lower Austria, market town in the district of Krems, alt. 315 m, pop. 1,216, area 15.02 km2, on the south-eastern border of the Waldviertel region, north-west of Krems. - Municipal multi-purpose hall; wine growing. - First documentary mention in 1135/1136; 3-nave Gothic parish church (14th century, Romanesque nucleus) with choir and huge choir tower in the courtyard of a fortified church ("Tabor") once surrounded by a high wall, neo-Gothic high altar (1902), Baroque canvas paintings, tombstones (16th century); in the corner of the church yard, a former charnel house (14th century, "old school" in the 18th century, today a residential building); Old Palace (13th and 14th centuries) totally rebuilt; "New Palace" with a square courtyard (16th and 17th centuries) with arcades, painting by J. Fruhmann (1974); "Biri gate" remains of town fortifications.