ATTENTION: For this AEIOU article, there is probably
a new version in
Please click here
Gaflenz, Upper Austria, market town in the district of Steyr-Land, alt. 482 m, pop. 1,677, area 58.78 km2, situated in G. valley in the Eisenwurzen region. - Formerly hammer mills and scythe factories; today production of saws, circular saws, knives and traffic signs, assemblage of guard rails. St. Andreas parish church (1464), early Gothic basic construction, frescos (1st half of the 14th century), Baroque tower (1697); neo-Gothic interior with some late-Gothic wood carvings, Baroque organ (17th century) and bell (1464).
Literature: G. Grüll, Gaflenzer Heimatbüchlein, 1929.