Anras, East Tirol, municipality in the district of Lienz, alt. 1,262 m, pop. 1,323, area 62.07 km2, in the Pustertal Valley. - First documented 769; old church (13th century, winged altar 1513), now a war memorial chapel; new parish church (1753-1755) with frescoes by M. Knoller and Rococo high altar (around 1756); former bishop's residence (old courthouse in which an early Christian church from the 5th century was uncovered) and summer residence of the bishops of Brixen/Bressanone. Lake Anraser See is located above the town at an altitude of 2,538 m.